Friday, November 26, 2004

I'm in the Mood for Blog

I, Scott Cherney, being of unsound mind and rapidly deteriorating body (or is it the other way powerful, all-encompassing will of the Internet with this, my very first web log entry. Whoopee. Let the champagne flow.
around?) do hereby submit to the all-knowing, all-
Here at the outset let me tell you that technology is not my best friend. In fact, I am a card carrying Luddite of the highest order (Level 7, to be precise), so this is not exactly a walk in the park for me. This is actually my second attempt at this posting today. The first I accidentally lost trying to correct the spelling. I'm basically self-taught on the 'puter and it's evidently each day I try to use it. (Or does it use me? Hmmmm...) It's not like I haven't tried. A few years ago, I used to post on the late, lamented Themestream. (Anybody out there remember that casualty of the dot-com implosion?) The truth is, I kind of missed that site so here's a chance to try it again. It's kind of like a web version of a cable access show like I did back in the nineties. That opportunity afforded me the chance to lip off on whatever I felt like lipping off about. So here I go again, opening mouth and probably inserting foot as I usually do.
As for the generic title, Etc., well, I wanted to call it ANGRY WHITE MAN, but I thought I'd get linked up with some neo-Nazi,KKK, white supremacist freaks of nature websites, so I wisely re-thought it. I also considered something jokey like BLOG CABIN or SCOTTY FROM THE BLOG. Thank God I sobered up. For better or worse, here's Etc. as in blah, blah, blah...
(Hey! How about BLOG, BLOG, BLOG? God, I'm pathetic.)
On this the day after Thanksgiving in the year 2004, it is the beginning of the Christmas season. Yes, I said Christmas. You want this season to be just the Holidays to make it all PC, fine. Go ahead. Have your Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, or nothing at all. I don't care. Just let whoever wants Christmas have their Christmas. (It ain't Xmas unless you celebrate the birth of X) I don't say this for religious reasons because for me, N/A. This is not the battle we should be fighting. This is when we really should just back off altogether and try to turn down the burners on our stovetops for the next month. Forget about the reds and the blues and political correctness and fundamentalism for a couple of weeks and just try to enjoy the damn season, whatever you believe in. After the craptacular year we just had, we all need it. I promise, we can pick up our rocks and brickbats (whatever those are) and rejoin the battle on January 2, 2005. Okay? So come on. Peace on Earth...or Peace on You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Xmas is to be celebrated ONLY by Malcom X! Or is it Malcom Ten? Wayne knows! Geeze!