Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Got Yer Oscar Right Here...

Just for the record, here are my picks for the major prizes this Sunday:

Picture: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (aka BM)

I still havn't seen it and suddenly I don't feel the urgency that I did. Maybe it has something to do with the print ads. "A great love story!"-Larry King. Anytime Larry is used to promote a movie, I want to walk the other way.

Actor: Philly Hoffman for CAPOTE (he won everything else)

Actress: Felly Huffman for TRANSAMERICA (so did she-in spades! Nobody has had a greater run than she has in the last year. Besides, don't you detect a theme running through here?)

S. Actress: Rachel Weisz (Isn't THE CONSTANT GARDENER a silly title? What's the sequel called- THE COMPULSIVE CLEANER?)

S.Actor: Paul Giamatti (he got skunked 2 years in a row, but if Clooney wins, Bill O'Reilly might shoot himself in the head. So we got that going for us, which is nice.)

Director: Ang 'Em 'Igh Lee for BM

Original Screenplay: BM

Adapted: CRASH

Song: IN THE DEEP from CRASH (though it would be nice if IT'S HARD OUT HERE TO BE A PIMPf rom HUSTLE & FLOW won just for shits and giggles. Wasn't there a song from BM? I seem to remember hearing it on the radio "Brokeback Mountain...Low rent rendezvous.." But I could be wrong.)

Animated WALLACE AND GROMIT (give it up for the clay!)

Foreign: TSOTSI (no, not TOOTSIE)

The rest of you can figure out yourselves. I ain't helpin' you with your pools no more.

Nyah.

No comments: