Monday, June 18, 2018

Double Boot Weekend

Happy Anniversary to me!

For the last five years, I have had the great fortune to have scripts that I have written, those in the genre of melodrama and interactive murder mystery, produced with the theater companies across the great US of A.
This year is no exception (hence the 5 year anniversary-DUH) with two separate shows playing on the very same weekend.

First up (because they were first in line and had dibs) is the Rio Linda Elverta Community Theater in Rio Linda, California is presenting the *CALIFORNIA PREMIERE* of MURDER: THE FINAL FRONTIER on June 22 and 23 as a dinner theater presentation just as it first began. This is also the fifth production of this show, formerly known as STAR TRUCK: THE WRATH OF COMIC-CON. (see previous blog post:  BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY)


Next up, Mt. Vernon Community Theatre in Mt. Vernon, Missouri will produce the one and only melodrama LA RUE'S RETURN or HOW'S A BAYOU?, written by Edward Thorpe and myself, on June 22, 23, and 24 as, get this, kids, a *READER'S THEATER* presentation,  a first for this here melo. (I'm getting a little wonky wit these asterisks, eh?) This is also the second production out of California AND the second in Missouri.. We're apparently hot stuff in the Show Me state. (More about LA RUE, see previous post: THE RETURN OF LA RUE'S RETURN)

The significance of the boots filled with beer is a tradition I started five years back when my step-daughter Tracey bought me a souvenir boot mug when she and my granddaughter Kardena saw my show SONG OF THE CANYON KID at the Great American Melodrama Theater in Oceano, CA where my five year run began in 2014. Since then, whenever a show of mine goes on the boards, I fill the mug with a delicious, frothy and special selection beer of choice and toast the theater in question on their opening night. This time around, I'll toast RLECT on Friday night, Mt. Vernon CT on Saturday. A two-fer.

I am humbled and extremely grateful to each and every one of the fine theater companies and groups that have produced my work over the past half decade. If this it, then it's been a great ride. If not, then the boot gets re-filled and I shall drink a toast the next theater once again.

CHEERS!
And to Rio Linda Elverta Community Theater and Mt. Vernon Community Theatre...
THANK YOU
and most of all...
BREAK A LEG!



Perfromance rights are available for LA RUE'S RETURN and MURDER: THE FINAL FRONTIER.
For more information or to read excerpts from either scripts or any other o' mine for that matter, visit my website WRITTEN BY SCOTT CHERNEY 
You can also contact me directly (unless you are an Ethiopian prince) at:
writtensc@gmail.com










No comments: