Monday, May 03, 2021

Here Comes La Rue Again!

We may not have reached the fabled light at the end of the tunnel just yet, but it is looming. The portal
itself has cracks in it and beams of illumination are shining through, thanks to the efforts of those who want us to bask in the sunshine once again.

Of those, I want to single out the Actors Studio, Inc. in Baker City, Oregon. One year ago when the world came crashing to a halt, they were forced to shut down production of my interactive murder mystery MURDER: THE FINAL FRONTIER literally days before their opening night. A heart-breaking video announcing its cancellation was posted on their Facebook page and they went into lock-down. At Christmastime, they hit upon the idea of filming their planned holiday offering SCROOGELESS and selling the DVDs as fundraiser for CASA  (Court Appointed Special Advocates).

They approached me to do a similar project for the one and only melodrama collaboration by Edward Thorpe and myself, LA RUE'S RETURN or HOW'S A BAYOU?  Of course I said yes. What am I-a monster? I agreed wholeheartedly with one stipulation: Dedicate this to the memory of my best friend Ed who passed away at the end of November. 

Actors Studio dove right in, shooting taking place throughout the Spring in locations around Baker City. Production has now been completed and LA RUE'S RETURN -THE MOVIE is all set to go with a release date of May 4, 2021. And once again, this is a charity fundraiser with proceeds going to Baker City Kiwanis and Kiwanis Doernbechers Childrens Hospital. Formats available are DVDs and streaming. Plus they have commemorative t-shirts for sale as well.

LA RUE'S RETURN-THE MOVIE ON SALE FROM ACTORS STUDIO, INC.

Another one of the great things about this is that coincides with Ed's upcoming birthday later this month, just another way to celebrate my friend. I've written about LA RUE'S RETURN in the past and what it meant to the two of us (see blog post: THE RETURN OF LA RUE'S RETURN ) It all stemmed from the head of Ed and he brought me along for the ride. The fact that it is still being produced after all these years (44 of them, pilgrim) is mind-blowing as if LA RUE was powered by Energizer. It keeps going and going...

Cast of LA RUE'S RETURN
Cast of Actors Studio, Inc.'s LA RUE'S RETURN

So head on over to Actor's Studio Inc. website, support their worthy charities and salute my brother,  Mr. Edward Thorpe. They all deserve it.

From the bottom of my world weary, yet fully vaccinated heart (shut up, I'm on a roll), I want to thank Leeanne Hinkel and ACTORS STUDIO, INC. for their warmth and sunshine, helping us lead the way out of the darkness and back into the light once again.

And as I always say, LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

LA RUE'S RETURN is available in paperback and download at SCOTT CHERNEY'S STORE and, surprise, surprise, performance right are available. Contact moi at: writtenbysc@gmail.com or visit my website: WRITTEN BY SCOTT CHERNEY


No comments: